View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Floralfab View Post
I am with you 100%. I decided to go thru my stash and get rid of some fabric. I had many piles made. Some for a thrift shop, some for my friends, some for my guild's sale table. Well hubby got sick and I couldn't do anything else for 3 weeks. When I went back down to begin de-stashing again I went thru the piles I had made and said to myself "I think I could use this piece and that piece" and started putting them back in the hoard. I said "this is sick" and stopped myself before there was no fabric to give away. Today I took 3 bags full to the thrift store. I know it won't last long there as someone will find a good use for it. Don't worry, I stall have quite a stash left!
good for you Ffab! after I wrote my reply, I realized that the thread was mainly about our quilting/sewing stuff, but I'm working on that too.
I have a tote that I am tossing stuff in, and when I get it full and slap on that lid, I won't look in it again.
It's hard to let go of fabric, but I'm looking forward to all that I will have left.
I'm trying to be more realistic about what I can actually accomplish.
If I have a little bit of doubt about a piece, I'll cut a fat quarter from it for appliques.
They are my favorite type of quilt.
I'm going to sell some of it in bulk, when I figure out how to do that.
Either here or on Craigslist.
Somebody will get a nice deal.
I'm proud of both of us...this is a BIG thing to do