Old 12-27-2009, 07:07 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by Gwyn
My quilt center tells a story that is really true. Randy and I were married under an apple tree on September 24, 1983. The tree was in the yard of the Justice of the Peace in Willard, Utah. There was a bit of snow on the mountain just south of where we were. His yard and field were at the base of the Wasatch Mountains. Since Willard is only 5 miles down the road, I can see these same mountains every day when I look out of my windows.

We have 10 children. They are represented by 10 of the hearts on the tree. I will put the names on the hearts when I get it back. The rest of the hearts are for my in-law children. I have 3 son-in-laws and 1 daughter-in-law. Two of my son-in-laws are brothers, they married 2 of my daughters. I have 4 grandchildren. 3 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. I have ordered sterling silver charm hearts with their names on them. I cut enough hearts to add to my center as the children get married and can get more charms to add as more grandkids arrive.

The pink material for the Sunbonnet Sue is a scrap of the dress I wore that day. The fabric for the pants and shirt on Overall Sam came from the shirt and pants Randy wore.

I hope it makes more sense now. Thank you for your nice comments. Gwyn
What a charming story -- and, a creative thing to do.

:thumbup: