View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Bee Beatty

Terriamn,

I know how concerned you are about your Mom. The news of a fall is alarming! My mother is 84 and I have Parkinson's, so we help remind each other consistently about ways to keep our environment free of clutter and do our best to practice fall-safe prevention awareness.

I have read and researched via the Internet the subject of caring for aging parents. My mother has early stages of dementia while I am just arriving at Stage Two Parkinson's (symptoms now occurring on left and right side) at age 65.

My husband is 82. He plays tennis 3 times a week, keeps our yard and garden immaculate. Still a fall is a scary thought for him as well.

Growing older is not for "sissies" , especially while taking responsibility as primary care-giver to aging parents - can be exhausting. Things that work for me include: spending time in prayer to express my gratitude for all good things in my life; staying constantly aware that my body is my real home and needs proper maintenance; expanding my knowledge of the daily challenges I face and never....ever....ever losing my sense of humor! And all netted at the end of the day.....hugs are golden!

Praying for you and your family! Bee Blessed