View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 06:12 AM
EmiliasNana

Bravo for your persistence. That is one labor intensive job. Anxious to see more of your finished quilts. They are beautiful with gorgeous color combinations! Sandwiching is the only part I don't like, and I do it the easy way.............ping pong table, with temporary adhesive, rolling it on boards.................but just don't like the process. I have many UFO's, but most have been interrupted by a "special needs" quilt as a gift. The UFO's are always started for me, and I somehow never have time to get back to them. Once the blocks are done, I can't wait to see the finished product, so I pretty much stick with it to the end. I try and quilt all but the really large ones on my DSM, but will have my long armer do the very special ones, or the very large ones. I am seriously thinking of purchasing a Baby Lock Tiara so that I can do all of them. Unless it is going in a show (probably never LOL), I machine bind all my quilts (back first and then top stitch from the front) as I have gotten pretty good at that step. I love doing embroidery and smocking by hand, but not the binding.........go figure.