View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 10:47 AM
roguequilter

"When I do my quilts I don't pin the squares. However when I have a full strip of squares to add to the body of the quilt I do pin those. And that is a pain. Sew a bit, pull a pin, sew a bit, pull a pin; repeat till dizzy. However I do sew slow so I'm good that way.
But if she's not around and I pin them from the left I can hammer down on the machine and zip right along. Pull the pins when I'm done sewing ... So far the only pin I missed pulling found me ..... the hard way .... ouch .

"hammer down" that was fine when car racing... but when sewing, i don't mind slow. i enjoy intricate complicated piecing. no big deal w pins when going slow. but i agree w your wife about pin head to the right. on curves or something that needs special care i just hook the head of the pin w my thumb nail & pull out as i reach it w/o stopping. with my new to me janome i bought, this method of pin removal w/o having to stop works pretty slick. i pull the pins and the point drops down into the slot between tool box & machine deck. the pin head prevents the whole pin from going down in. when i am done, i scoot them along together and lift out, once again hooking them w my thumb nail.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-01-2014 at 04:08 AM. Reason: language in quote