Thread: D4P Diagonal
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Koriana

Default DP4 Diagonal Pics showing how to cut and rearrange

Hi everyone, I've had some questions about how to make the block and the tutorial on the board as well as the other one listed in this thread are both helpful. I'm adding the series of pictures below to show the process for those of us who are visual learners. 1&2) Make your 4-patch and mark an equal distance each direction on each corner; 3) Align your ruler with marks on opposite corners...cut #1; 4) cut #2; 5) cut #3; 6) cut #4; 7) pieces resulting from the 4 cuts; and 8) rearrangement of the pieces to make the new block. It's a beautiful and fun block and I hope you all enjoy making it and designing your own quilts with the block, I love seeing how different people use different colors, settings, quilting, etc to make a quilt pattern his/her own.
Attached Thumbnails dp4-diagonal_4-patch.jpg   dp4-diagonal_mark-cutting-lines-each-corner.jpg   dp4-diagonal_cut-1.jpg   dp4-diagonal_cut-2.jpg   dp4-diagonal_cut-3.jpg  

dp4-diagonal_cut-4.jpg   dp4-diagonal_pieces-after-cutting.jpg   dp4-diagonal_rearranged-pieces.jpg