Old 07-30-2014, 03:31 PM
AngelinaMaria

Default When buying Babylock, did your dealer off the BL Gold Standard Warranty or an inhouse

My LQS appears to be offering me an in-house warranty for my new Crescendo instead of the Babylock Gold Standard. They are the only dealer in a large area and run 3 stores.

I will be stopping by this weekend to ask more about it and see if I can get more information than a photocopied one page document.

Did your LQS do this? Should I ask to get the BL Gold Standard plan instead (assuming they will even let me have that choice)? The one page document sounds describes coverage very similar to the Gold Standard coverage (3 years, includes maintenance, parts, labor, etc. and cleaning/tune ups), but I think it also offers coverage on things like if you accidentally drop it or maybe spill water on it. The store manager told me this (basically everything except acts of god like floods or tornados, and excessive negligent use like cleaning the bobbin case with a sharp knife, etc). Of course, none of that is written down on this sheet so I am going to need to see some fine print.

ETA: I should add that the LQS protective plan is equal to the cost of 3 years of annual cleaning costs plus $49. So, not ridiculously priced.