View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:06 AM
FroggyinTexas

I have talked by phone with representatives of three major fabric manufacturers and they agreed that they did not make lesser quality fabrics for retailers. They all cited the expense of having different processes, machines, etc., for such an enterprise, but more important, since their names are on the selvage, they could not afford to risk their reputations by making substandard products for mass markets over which they have no control.

Each of the representatives also told me that people who believe they make and sell lesser products to certain retailers will never be convinced otherwise despite what they are told and what good common sense would tell them.

I buy fabric by the way it feels, called "hand," and sometimes it is inexpensive fabric and sometimes is has a premium price. You can read about "hand" on the Internet and you can Google information about fabric companies and make inquiries of them on their Websites. froggyintexas

Originally Posted by Amarillo19
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think some fabric manufacturers make different quality fabrics depending on which store will sell them, i.e., Walmart, Joann's, LQS.