View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Wonnie

Originally Posted by Pennyhal
It is my understanding that mfg companies will make cheaper fabric in the same line for sale in certain stores. I often wondered why when I went to one store and the fabric was fabulous, but at another store, it was lousy. I think what may be happening is that fabric is getting very costly to buy, so the mfg might be making fabric with lesser thread count so that they can sell if for less. The cotton crop has not done well these past few years which is pushing cotton costs up.
My opinion only.....I'm going to compare fabric with canned goods. The "store" brand versus the name brand...I was told, although I have no way to verify it, that in regard to canned goods, the "store" brand is actually a name brand canned good using the store brand label which the store pays for. That way the manufacturer gets paid for the name brand as well as the store brand so he's making money on both ends by making his product available for those who have money and those who do not. If this is true, maybe that's what happens with fabric manufacturers as well. Does anyone know if this is true?