View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 02:29 PM
madamekelly

Default Help with frozen Singer 201-2

I was gifted with a Singer 201-2 and a friend is going to attempt to recondition it for me. We are not sewing machine mechanics, but I have reconditioned a later machine or two. The entire machine seems to be frozen by a light coating of rust that we can see, but we have no idea how the machine comes apart when it is not frozen, so we are reluctant to get too aggressive. Would one of you be willing to guide or assist us by possibly answering the odd question, as we work through this project? The entire machine appears to be there with the exception of the top spool pin and assembly for it. The lower spool pin is bent to right, and we will straighten it when we get to that point. The foot pedal has been replaced with a newer gold colored one, and the cord has been replaced also at one time or another. The stitch length knob has no markings, as if an outer labeling has been removed? Anyone brave enough to help two amateurs remake this into a working sewing machine? If anyone knows of any videos for disassembly that would be great! Thanks all!