View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 04:01 AM
Homemother

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
Outstanding job! I like your color choices. You picked a fun binding fabric,too.

Did you machine applique around the snowflakes or use strong heat and bond that doesn't require stitching around shapes?..or hand stitch around the snowflakes. The snowflakes are my favorite row!
Thanks! The binding and the back are the same fabric. It's so busy you cannot see any mistakes! No visible eyelashes, etc. Since I was having trouble with my fusible, I decided to give glue basting a go. Those delicious snowflakes on the bottom row are lightly glue basted, then zigzag stitched all around. The snowflakes on the top row are fused. They are only fmq outlined because the needle was getting all gummed up and I was getting frustrated with with the fusible. The row with the butterflies are all fused. I didn't machine applique them and when I tried to hand stitch them, I couldn't get the needle through with any ease. They are sitting there with a prayer. LOL! I decided that if they start to come off, I will do something about it then! Everything else is glue basted then sewed. Even all those letters are glue basted and zigzagged.