View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 AM
quiltingcandy

It sounds like 2 problems - 1.) winding a new bobbin and 2.) bringing the bobbin thread up from the bobbin case.

For winding the bobbin:
Are you sure you have the right bobbin? On the spindle where you put the bobbin there is a small pin, make sure the notch (or hole) in the bobbin slips over the pin, that is what causes your bobbin to spin. My book said if your bobbin does not fill evenly that mean your bobbin latch is too tight. My book said it is an automatic bobbin winder too, but we have always pushed the area next to the balance wheel to give it a bit more pressure against the wheel. I learned to sew in 1962 and still winding bobbins the same way.

2.) bringing up the bobbin thread we do need to know what you are doing - because it could be that you have the needle in wrong or the bobbin case is not in all the way or you have not put the bobbin in the case properly. So, recheck how you threaded the bobbin case - did you make sure the thread is going to pull from right to left, then when putting it into the case did you pull the thread through the slot and past the tension spring? (It's doesn't look like a spring, it looks like a piece of metal wrapped around the bobbin case.)

Good luck!

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 08-12-2014 at 11:50 AM.