View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:05 AM
letawellman

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I think the grey is perfect as a neutral setting for this great star.

When you say red binding, are you thinking of the dark pink/ magenta from the center of your star or an actual red?

IMHO, I think a magenta color, like near the star center would be awesome or as a second choice the same grey if you have enough.

Your star is terrific.
peace
I must say I agree with ube - if your "red" is the same as the dark pink in the center of the quilt, it would be perfect! I LOVE the dark grey for the setting blocks - it just makes the star "pop" that much more!!
As far as the batting goes, I think the 80/20 will do a great job for this quilt. I've done several Lone Star quilts, some with cotton, some with 80/20, and I found that the 80/20 seemed to give more definition to my quilting.
Ooohhh!! I'm jealous of the Singer!! I've not used one in a long time (my grandmother had one), and that was before my quilting days, but the older ones (like your find) are all work-horses!! I would definitely practice my FMQ a bit on it before trying to quilt your Lone Star, but I think in the long run, you'll be very happy with it!!