View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 05:32 AM
Sisty88

Originally Posted by crashnquilt View Post
I love my Sizzix Big Kick machine. Now they have the XL dies for strip cutting. They are a bit pricey but well worth every penny. I cut enough fabric for 4 bargello quilts in less than 15 minutes. Each strip was accurate and a dream to work up. I don't regret my purchase for a minute!
I like the Sizzix over any other die cut system because I can use dies from other companies like Accuquilt and others. Best money I ever spent!
Oooh, that's such a good idea for making a bargello! I've made one before but I'm not the most accurate with a rotary cutter so I ended up having to bodge it a bit to get seams lined up!
The friend has said I can borrow her big shot whenever I like, but I am wondering about getting myself one as I've seen them for £65, which is a huuge amount less than an accuquilt! I feel like I might want to borrow it too much and annoy her! I think I'll try a few more dies out on the borrowed machine before I make a decision! If I get the hang of piecing curves I'd be tempted to get the drunkard's path die! Also considering a hexie die, as it took me forever to cut them out for my gfg!
I can see myself getting a little bit obsessed!