View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 07:47 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Every fall the local hospital has a Quilt Auction. Here are my donations to the cause.

1. Made from leftover triangle trimmings, the HST measure 5/8" finished. I took the time to HQ this 5 1/2 x 7 1/2" miniature.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]489211[/ATTACH]

2. I was gifted several 1" wof fabric peach strings. I paired them with a lighter peach fabric to make 4P's. This is just one of four quilts made from the 4P blocks. 11 1/2" square.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]489214[/ATTACH]

3. Tiny Courthouse steps make up the last quilt. Digging in my 3/4" scraps I sewed these 2 1/4" blocks. I did cut into a fat quarter for the final pink step to add a cohesiveness to the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]489217[/ATTACH]
these are each and every one a miniature beauty. i am gifted scraps by mil church ladies. they asked her how small, i told her no less than 3/4" and she took in a block from a mini i have been working on for a while (between other projects). your courthouse steps, if you don't mind, i am saving to my ipad photos to show her when we go visit next weekend. first because it's beautiful, second because it will show her that her dil isn't the only quilter enamored of the tiny beauties that miniature quilts are. i also think they will do very well at the hospital quilt auction fundraiser.