View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 05:25 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
Really, really cute!
Don't know what problems you were having with the embroidery, but those designs look to have pretty high stitch count. To do them on thin quilting cotton, you would need a LOT of stabilizer
All Stitch is a good place for stabilizer. If you go to this site, there are lots of links with good info. Scroll down to Stabilizers/Backings. Really good articles:
http://www.allstitch.net/department/....cfm?killnav=1
Yeah, I think it's the high stitch count that was killing me. I got all kinds of puckers, and on one of them (the one with the strawberries) it pulled the fabric in so much that the design didn't line up the first time I stitched it out. I had a few different types of stabilizer that I tried; I finally got desperate and used Elmer's to GLUE my fabric down to some tear-away stabilizer and that got me the best results but I'm sure there's a better way to accomplish that!

And it still wasn't quite right, but by that point I was DONE with the embroidery and just needed to get the darn quilt finished! It was disappointing though, I bought a bunch of designs and my original intention was to have a lot more embroidery.

I think I need to take some classes. I bought my emb. machine online so I haven't had any lessons or dealer support. (The machine works fine, I'm sure I am the problem, not the machine.) I'll check out that link when I get home, though. Thanks!