Thread: Dangit!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 08:41 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

That just really sucks! When I organized (?) my sewing room, I did it with the intentions of having to move and pack quickly. Since living in an area where hurricanes can happen and I possibly would have to do that. Hurricane season begins June 1 and ends November 30. It can continue past that date. I just want to be prepared and be able to save as much as possible. If I have to evacuate, I want to be able to take as much of my sewing/quilting fabric as possible. Of course I have to make room for the puppies. Just a piece of moving tip. If you have chest of drawers (maybe you already do this) I put some of my smaller pieces of fabric in drawers on top of quilting notions and do not empty any of the drawers. Just pull them out put the chest on the truck and drawers back into the chest and use bungie cords or duct tape to keep the drawers from sliding out. That way when you get to your destination, you will be able to immediately set up your space. If you use clear containes that will help you see what is in that particular container. Here's wishing you the best and it will work out. Hopefully for the better.