View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 03:48 AM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Love that sneaky peeky!
For all of Tlambing being so ornery to sweet lil ole me () I have to agree with her, I love Autumn!!

We'd been in a terrible drought last 3-4 yrs, with really bad wildfires 2 yrs ago, and another 3 months ago. Two yrs ago, several houses burned less than 3 miles from me. We were prepared to evacuate, thankfully we didn't have to. Very scary. It was heartwrenching to see the acres and acres of blackness. 30+ houses burned, and sadly a kennel...several pets died and 1 firefighter. Just awful.. Used to it was tornadoes we have to watch for, living smack dab in "Tornado Alley". The wildfires are just as unnerving.

This year we finally started getting some rain.. And it's been raining since 7 last night..I'm doing a happy rain dance.

Hopefully rain will reach those of you who need it, and the flooding/ hurricanes will stay at bay!

K

PS Tlambing, since you didn't acknowledge my mind change this month, does that count?
If I'd known how much fun it is bantering like this, I would've changed my mind sooner. Except one needs a mind to change it..lol
Kiffie I hate seeing all the fires destroying trees, animals, and anything in its path. Hope the ones who need rain get it too, but if others have floods hope they stay safe. The weather seems so unpredictable anymore.

susan