View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 08:45 AM
meganc731

Thank you everyone!!

I can't take credit for choosing the colors, I contacted a couple family members to find out about the couple's home decor and didn't hear back so I just decided to use all the colorways and stuck with this one line. I hit 3 fabric stores on Labor Day trying to get all the different prints I think there were only a couple prints that I either chose not to use or couldn't find.

All of my seams are pressed open, I thought about stitching on either side of the seams about a 1/4 inch out, but what I'll probably do is rows of straight lines, the ones that are a little wavy and organic looking. Does that have a term?

My next plan is to make accessories for everyone in my family using the scrap fabric. My husband and son are getting bow ties, my younger daughter has a little sailor style dress that is too short so I'm going to lengthen it with some of this fabric. I haven't decided what my older daughter and I get. Once I get those projects done I'll see what scraps I have left and maybe piece the back. There's one print of the fabric I couldn't get locally that I'd like to use on the back so I might use that.