View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 AM
Quilter 65

Bib, those look great and I had noticed the directional fabric and thought how good you did to make it all work.
I am making a medallion quilt for guild. Using Carriem's center from this thread and morphing it (sort of) into Brat's that is pictured I think on p. 87. I just love that quilt. So have grown into a rectangle and am now needing to add the braid. Do I need another stopper border? Don't need it for size but not sure it will look right to just go into the braids. Brat's sure does, but I am not sure about colors, etc. What do you think and do you have any advice. Here are some pictures and not duplicated, I hope this time.
Center so far.
Two fabrics in dark and light which is how I see Brat's.
Adding some more to give it more pop.
Really brightening it up and those colors all appear somewhere in the top.
Should I have the light side of the braid next to the center and would that work as a sort of barrier border? Just wanted your input and suggestions. Sure miss finding something new here every morning. Always have to check occasionally and see what has been added. Hope you all had a good summer.
Attached Thumbnails 100_4528-small-.jpg   100_4529-small-.jpg   100_4531-small-.jpg   100_4532-small-.jpg   100_4533-small-.jpg