View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 10:17 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
And why would you ever want to risk it since there is no doubt whatsoever that it has come into contact with chemicals not intended for human consumption or for use on food? Read the stamp pad label. If it says it's okay to lick it, then it would probably be safe to use the cookie cutters for cookies again. If not, I definitely wouldn't.

Lots of kitchen things (including blenders, mixers, and microwaves along with the small stuff) are used by quilters and other artists for dyeing, stamping, printing, etc. and it's standard practice never to use them for food again...though many of us do those things in our kitchens so technically the items do physically return to the kitchen. It's just common sense, or at least should be. Not worth the risk.

I think it would depend on WHAT it had been - i have put (diluted) bleach in my sink to remove stains and brighten the mats - I still use them (the sinks and the mats) - even though I do not consider household bleach to be in one of the food groups.

I don't consider dishwasher detergent to be "safe" at all. But when it's thoroughly rinsed off the dishes, the dishes seem to be safe enough to use.

Of course, this is assuming that the water available is "within safe enough limits."

I am quite conservative when it comes to protecting myself - but some things just do not seem reasonable or sensible to me.

But we do what we do - What seems risky to you might seem safe enough to me - and vice versa.

But this exchange is totally off the topic of whether or not a cookie cutter could cut fabric.

Wonder if we could get a tongue twister out of this?

If a cooky cutter could cut fabric, how much fabric could a cookie cutter cut?

Last edited by bearisgray; 09-18-2014 at 10:25 AM.