View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 05:27 AM
Dclutter64

Good questions! The whole sample quilt was paper pieced. Even the checkered border. There is no applique. The rings were also paper pieced. So I modified the pattern after doing this sample. I actually have 5 or 6 versions that I want to try. Getting the arrows and the rings to line up was a pain so I modified the outside tail of the arrow that is in the checkered part to just a spike as I illustrated in the larger quilt picture. I will not paper piece the checked border again. I still want to do a checker border in one version some day. I will piece it then apply it to my pattern to paper piece the spikes on the outside border rings. Same with the version of the striped border. The middle of the ring is also paper pieced. It is 4 parts. The quilting hides the fact that it is not one piece.
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Beautiful design, color placement and quilting. My question: are individually piecing the ring segments or strip sewing then cutting arcs? Pointy inserts--are these appliqued onto ring or pieced into center...same with little square in center?

You have indeed taken a traditional design and brought it to modern very successfully!