Old 09-29-2014, 08:43 AM
MFord

Thank you, every one! These are all fantastic suggestions! I've bookmarked this thread so I can come back to it and work with the ideas.

My husband thinks his mother would prefer not to have a quilt representative of her childhood, so he suggested I put in blue irises, her favorite flower. If anyone has seen a panel like that, could you let me know where you saw it? Haven't had time yet to look. I think my mother would like the older style - I was surprised recently when I asked if the GGD could call her "Grammy" - she lit up and talked about how much she loved her two "Grammies" as a child.

So, I will look at all of this information and make a decision this week. Thanks, and I will continue reading any new suggestions!

PS - the practical ideas for keeping the quilt together with tightly sewn binding, and "findable" with labeling on front and back - will be very helpful. I remember my dad lost his Army cap when he was in an Alzheimer's unit, and he was so upset. Thank goodness for another old guy who gave his cap to Dad!

PPS - you guys are so great!