Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Cari I love this quilt, I was given a package of this type fabrics. Looks almost like it's the same colors. :-) I had no clue what to do with them. I am newbie yet, can you tell me how you made the pinwheel squares and what size they are? I would love to make this quilt for one of my granddaughters. :-) Love the brightness of the blue.
I cut the pieces with the AccuQuilt value die for the Go! Baby. I had just found it at Goodwill and wanted to give it a try. The squares in the quilt were cut 4-1/2" and the triangles are 2-1/2" on the sides.
I just sewed a colored triangle to a white triangle to make a square then sewed 4 squares together to make the pinwheel. Just make sure to sew each triangle pair together the same way so they spin the same direction. I think I sewed them all with the white triangle on top of the colored one.
The bright blue is actually a cotton sateen. I chose the color I liked best to go with my prints and that just happened to be it. I cut 2-1/2" strips for the sashing, or border strips, whatever you want to call them. I just wanted something to separate the squares from the pinwheels.
That's basically all there is to it. I made it up as I went along. Easy and quick.

Cari