View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 06:39 AM
Travelin2some

Welcome to Michigan , our Great Lakes state.. The U.P. is definitely less populated but very beautiful. But I'm more familiar with the lower. I would suggest must see stops in Frankenmuth ( a German style town built on hospitality to visitors) a quint and unusual village. Most weekends ( year round) they have activities to keep young & old content. A more modern spot just about 30- 40 minutes away ( expressway) is the charm of Bay City. It is located right on the water and it's too boasts activities year around. In Bay City there is a must stop fabric store named Fabric Fair. A wee bit further down the road in Pinconning is quilt shop (quite unique & outstanding selection) named Bittersweet which is housed in an former church. Stopping in these places will not be out of your way, but instead just another leg of your journey into the U.P. To help know when you want to be where, visit the websites of : www.michigan.org ,http://www.frankenmuth.org/ & www.baycity.org . If I can help in any other ways, please PM me. Enjoy your travels......and comeback often