View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 11:02 AM
sailsablazin

Michigan is a BEAUTIFUL state....so lush in SPRING with new growth and sunshine, daffodils and tulips blooming away.
SUMMER is filled with warm days and time spent on Lake Michigan or Lake Huron or just one of the zillion small lakes that we have. One can visit many lighthouses along the shoreline (Grand Traverse lighthouse on the tip of the Lelaneau Peninsula is awesome).
Followed by the amazing FALL season with fallen leaves crunching under your feet and your choice of apples, cider, and cider doughnuts at all of the orchards around.
Then there is the crisp cold WINTER with bright white snow squeaking under your boots because the temperature has dropped----better bundle up and get your snow blower tuned up.

I cannot think of a better place to live!!!!!!!!!!!

I am speaking of Western Michigan although the Eastern side of the state is great also...but we found a slower pace here and the snow there did not compare to the lake effect snows we get on the West. Snow comes across the lake and DUMPS on us...so beautiful and lots of shoveling.

I have found many quilt stores but cannot think of one in particular---I somehow manage to spend money at all of them.

As others have mentioned...Mackinaw Island, Mackinaw bridge, Saulte Ste. Marie, Traverse City. We MIchiganders seem to enjoy the Great Lakes a bunch. We are so blessed to live near these great bodies of water.

Have a WONDERFUL time.
Feel free to pm me with questions if you want.