View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 10:30 AM
meganc731

THANK YOU everyone for all your opinions!!!! Super helpful! I think my intro to quilting has sort of scared me, I'm a huge Tula Pink fan and I saw some fabric that I just KNEW would be perfect for a wedding gift. By the time I was ready to buy the fabric a lot if it was already sold out. Luckily I have a small chain of fabric stores in my area and I was able to hit up 3 of the stores when they were having a labor day sale and I got everything I had planned on except for one of the prints. I figured I'd order the elusive print online and use it as my back, but once I started searching for it I could only find it on Etsy and it would have been about $25 a yard. I settled for a half yard and I'm planning to piece the back. Now when I see something at the store I keep thinking, if I don't buy that soon I'll miss out!! I think I'll plan on buying only prints I LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Is it a thing to collect fabric from certain designers? Like I said I love Tula Pink, her new line was just released. I don't know if I should get a jelly roll, fat quarter collection, or just buy a bit of each. I know I'll be disapointed if I don't have a little of everything, but with the different colorways there's a lot to choose from.

Thanks for the tips on organizing! For now I have a large room and and two large dressers for storage. I have it organized by color right now but I realized the other day that I should stand my fabrics on end so I can see them better when I open the drawer.