View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 04:34 PM
sassysews2

Thumbs up new use for old product

just got back from retreat in Lincoln, NE. One of the quilt shops gave a demonstration using a new ruler BUT we came away with a really neat use for an old product. She used Wedding Aisle Runner to back appliques, doesn't have to be removed, as foundation for paper piecing, as foundation for piano key borders and borders pieced with bias cut pieces and when ironed on freezer paper you can run it through a printer. The lady recommended Hobby Lobby as the best source, & with a coupon or on sale, it costs about $ .60 per yard, much cheaper than muslin or interfacing. Comes in rolls 36" by 100 ft & I got it on sale with 50% off so it was less than $21 inc tax for a little more than 33 yards, quilting guild is going to divvy it up & I'm sure we can think of lots more uses for it. It is nearly impossible to tear, doesn't shrink, or stretch, ink doesn't appear to run or smear, can be written on, and soft to the touch, but is just firm enough for foundations, it is very versatile. Maybe some of you already use this but my guild had never heard of using it before, so just saying, anything to make our hobby easier & cheaper.

happy quilting,
Sandee, n rainy MO