View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 11:20 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by monopas
That is kind of tempting, but I'm two hours (in real driving time, theoretically only an hour) south of Seattle. So at least 5 hours from BC. And I just can't spend the money right now. Luckily, the good LQS sells Aurifil in lots of colors and it is always buy two or 3, get one free.

The linty nature of poly is odd, I agree. Gutterman is better than the Sulky bobbin thread (not saying much), but Madiera's Aerofil poly doesn't seem to throw much lint at all. The OSMG who repaired my mother's Pfaff 1222se (he had the power switch from a parts machine, and is much more honest than the other place in rown that sold it to her), sells it and recommends it for older machines, if you want to use a poly thread. It feel thicker, and is plied, so maybe that helps. Mom's Pfaff doesn't like Gutterman either, won't hold top or bottom tension very well with it, but it loves the Aurifil!
The funny part about Gutermann to me is that I can run it in any machine I want - except Lucey. She forces me to change tension so much that it's not worth it and the cleanup...

Not worth it. That's less than one spool of thread and you should have seen the hook area!
Attached Thumbnails 10171007_10152021788496237_4391064462405311226_n.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-29-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: link requires sign up