View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 07:10 AM
SherriB

My stash has been building over the last 5 years. I have a bookcase filled with fabric. Mine consists of lots of themes and seasons for some reason. I have a collection of holiday fabrics, food fabrics, novelty fabric, etc. I buy a couple yards during each holiday or season when they are on sale. My biggest collection is my 1930's reproduction fabrics. I LOVE them. I found awesome deals on Ebay and that really padded my collection.

A Walmart near me just got in over 4000 bolts of fabric and is selling it for $1.50 a yard!!! It was tucked away and forgotten in a warehouse, so it is a few years old. Some have dates back to 2000. But it is in excellent condition and all is quilt store quality. My DD and I bought over $100 between us. I got almost 15 yards of 1930's reproductions.

Look around for really good buys on fabric and you won't feel so guilty if you don't use it right away. A couple yards is always a good choice. I know I will eventually use my fabrics but if not, they will fall to my oldest DD and DGD. My youngest DD loves yarn and not fabric. LOL!!