Old 10-27-2014, 04:43 AM
nanna-up-north

I can't say that I've spent a huge amount of money on a quilt that I hated but, I've had to struggle sometimes to get one done that I didn't enjoy working on.

I'm another one that uses a barter system...... work on the quilt for a couple of hours to be able to do something else for a set amount of time. My problem is that I have to use the barter system to get other things done.... like housework. If I do housework or 2 hours, then I get to quilt for 2 hours.... you get the picture?

I say, the more you procrastinate, the harder it's going to be. You have to pull up your big girl pants and get at it. Breaking it down to smaller steps would help me. Get this step finished and treat myself to a LQS shopping trip, for example. I can't handle having something that mentally weighs me down. I have to finish things and get them out of the way.

Good luck and please keep us posted on how you're coming along on this. We do love to see other quilters getting through some obstacles that challenge us as well. ... Rooting for you......big time!!