View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 12:52 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by pennycandy View Post
I have seen the same with the blankies I repaired for a friend's daughters. The girls drag them around everywhere and the quilts are washed often. It is shocking to see but I'm not sure any batting would survive the constant use these quilts endure.
This is so true. If the lady used it for her dog, and we know how dogs use these things daily, should we be surprised? Will any material hold up against constant, daily, hours and hours of use over a period of years?

To those of you who are worrying...
I wouldn't spend another minute worrying. If the quilt wears out, it wears out--it's an excuse to give the person another one.

Life is too short to spend fretting over presents you gifted in the past, wondering if they look like this.

If they do, at least it means the gift was used and then used up. I don't find that particularly annoying at all--it means that my work was appreciated for a number of years--or at least months. If any other present I gave would actually get "worn out" from use, then I consider that a gift that was well-thought of and appreciated.