View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:20 AM
barbarakibler23

UPDATE on my Dad...the roller coaster

My dad has taken another turn for the worse. He has been a rehab since Tuesday (nov 4th) my mom spends almost her entire day there and my siblings and I visit daily. Last weekend two sibling came in town from Cincinnati. It was great to see them but they are mostly in the visiting mode...not in the daily care mode. They are leaving the getting the parents in a "home" up to me and my 2 sisters. It is tough, my dad hardly is awake and doesn't really know where he is. Then when he "remembers" he just cries to go home. It is so hard to see a man that was "bigger then life" to a crumpled man.
We don't see him really getting better, we need to find a place for him to go after rehab. The place that he in is just temporary he can only stay there a few more weeks. He is also too far gone to go to a senior living place with my mom. I am working on finding round the clock nursing care because my mom will not put him in a nursing home.
Also in Michigan (don't know if any other state) at a nursing care facility they can not have rails on the sides of the bed anymore. My dad fell out of bed Saturday night and now complaining of pain in his ribs. He will get x ray today to see if he broke his ribs.
Today I am at my own house so I could get some stuff done.....talking with you ladies helps...so thanks
Barb