View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 07:45 PM
quiltjoey

Hope it's ok to make a list: My thought was,"if 1 is good, 2 must be better"! Sometimes 4 or more.

Very expensive (thousands of dollars for a) sewing/embroidery machine with expensive software. More than I'll ever learn to use.
Another embroidery program. What was I thinking?
Fabric
Pounce x2
PVC hand quilting frame. Would love to sell it.
FabuMotion Fabric Mover. Would love to sell it.
All kinds of rulers. Found I use the same ones over and over!
Tons of markers
Storage containers of all kinds.
Clover needle threader that I can't figure out how to use.
Lots of thimbles. Use one cheap old thimble of my mothers. I taught myself how to use it.
Way to much thread, cotton, polyesters,embroidery threads,in just about every color. A plastic bed bag full of serger thread.
2 sergers which just sit on the shelf
Too many sewing machines
Several tables that didn't work in my room. Gave 3 away.
Equilt 7
Scissors out the ying-yang
Drawer full of bobbing thread with 4 plastic bobbin holders that I haven't used.
3 extra cutting mats that I don't use
A wall full of all kinds/sizes of rulers and mostly never used
Cameo Silhouette and all the notions to go with it. Used it once.
Several sewing rolling bags plus: Do have one for the large sewing/embrod./arm. One for the FW. And one for the Serger.
This list is too long to add anything else. LOL!

Only if I had just started using the old Kenmore I had and bought enough fabric and one ruler to make a quilt. Hindsight is like Monday morning quarter-backing. I can't believe what I have accumulated in 4years!!! At this point, I am buying little to nothing. I could have saved thousands and thousands of dollars and still had fun quilting for it is just a basic sewing hobby: a sandwich of 3 pieces of fabric, cut apart, and sewn together... I think my learning curve was just a bit big and slow.... But I love it all and will keep on quilting!!! And embroidery here and there!!