View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Rhondals

Thanks. the pattern is called decadent Victorian from the Original Designs book Strip Delight. I had uber problems with the directions. There is only counting requirements, and a diagram. Very vague. I had to email them and find out how to do it. It was a guessing game. I knit and I cross stitch. I don't do chart knitting, but imagine if you see a cross stitch pattern, in color, without a color key? only the colors they used. Books must be very careful how they write patterns. There's another one I want to make, but I'm checking the pattern first.

Also I learned when a clerk at the shop questions if you only want one, are you sure? You say, No, I need 2. The way I distributed the colors, I couldn't had done it without extra yardage, which I didn't know in 2007. I was lucky and found yardage the other day on an Etsy shop clearance sale, and today I ordered the outer border. Next time a clerk asks if I am sure I want one, I'll say, "No, I want 2, plus a yard of this and that." If you are going to do this quilt, buy 2 jelly rolls. No way could they had done the quilt in one.

It's Joel Dewberry Chestnut. Whatever I have left over, I'll use cause I'm a Dewberry fan.