View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 07:44 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

Default FW Bobbins/Bobbin Case Question

Good snowy morning y'all. It is snowing and sticking here in Tennessee today, so I guess I can sit at the computer and find some answers to a coupla puzzling things in my world right now.

The DH has spent the last week working on (and getting it up and going from "stuck tight and not moving") on my sister's FW, which I noticed by the little gold banded emblem, it must be a Centennial. Lucky girl, she doesn't even know what she has. But what she doesn't have for it, is the bobbin case. I gave some thought to giving her one of mine, but after searching high and low on ebay and other sites, maybe I won't. I figured we could order one, just put one of mine in hers, order one to put in my pirated FW, but not for $45 and up and it looks like those are the after-market cases that you have all warned me they don't fit or work.....

But, again, if we give her machine back with no bobbin case and tell her to go on the internet and find one, she will order the first one she runs up on, and here she'll come back with the machine messed up. She is a sewer, and that is all, in that she will learn the correct threading, etc., but sitting and figuring things out on her machine, no, she doesn't do that. She just sews.....

So, advise me, y'all. What should I do?