Old 11-23-2014, 11:16 AM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by GrammaNan View Post
After using a plastic Singer sewing machine and borrowing machines all of these years I finally got an updated sewing machine! I am so excited I can't stand it. I haven't been able to quilt for a couple of years except for a few small projects. I have been living vicariously through all of you quilters on the board. It is a machine that I got at an LQS. It was traded in for a higher level machine and I think I got a good deal on it. It is an Elna Quilter's Dream 7200. It comes with six hours of training classes and I am going to need every minute as I have never used a machine like this before. Maybe, after a few months of practice I will be able to post some pics of some real quilts. No one in my family understands how excited I am or why. I had to post because I know some of you will understand.
Yippee! Yippee! Yippee! Happy foot dance! I remember when I got my fancy machine! I got free sewing lessons with mine too, but I was so excited that it took me over a week to take it out of the box! Now I can't imagine going back to my simple machine from Walmart, but I keep "Penny" just in case "Petunia" needs to be serviced. I have learned that it is better to have the simple machine handy than to live with no machine. You will learn that too! Lol! Congratulations!