View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Neesie

Originally Posted by imsewnso View Post
Neesie, before you go bald, I wanted to say there is another way to make quilt labels for kids quilts. Bubble Jet is the cheapest in the long run. Purchase some good quality muslin or Kona Bay cotton. Treat the fabric with Bubble Jet. You just pour a little in a dish....I use a 9 x 13 pan or a little larger, 10 x 15. Cut the fabric the size of paper your printer will take. Place the fabric in the dish and get it wet with the Bubble Jet (BJ). Next hang it to dry and let it drip back into the pan....This solution can be used again and again. Over a towel rack or thick plastic coat hanger work great. (If I am doing a quilt with pictures I cut my fabric into 11" strips then when they have been treated with BJ I sub cut. After your fabric has been treated iron it onto freezer paper. Pull up a font on your computer and type what you want on the quilt. EG This quilt belongs to Mary Jane, made by etc.....Now send this to the printer and use the freezer backed fabric to print it on. There is also another way. I'll PM you.
Thank you! The reason I'd rather have stitched labels, is my current quilts are for a 3-yo girl and a 9-yo boy. They'll most likely need to stand up to quite a few washings. LOL I've used a different iron-on method, in the past. That particular label has withstood a gentle washing but I'm not sure how it'd make out, with kids tugging at it.