Old 12-09-2014, 07:58 PM
SteveH
Banned

sorry folks... just venting....

I do not believe that I will ever use UPS again.

I have a package in transit that was shipped to me from VA using UPS ground. (I requested USPS but seller wanted to use UPS)

I got a message when it was 1/2 way across the country that the package was "not unloaded" from the truck and therefore there will be a delay. Odd, but Ok, things happen.

On Monday (the rescheduled day) it is in Oakland (very close), but nothing on tracking until 4:38pm when the update says "we did not load this on the truck, so there will be a delay" WTH?

I called and they apologized for the busy time of the year and assured me it would be delivered Tuesday (today)

No delivery, no status change, no updates.

I call again and am told that they do not know any more than what is posted.... But since it is only 6 miles from my house (and 1/2 mile from my work) They can let me come pick it up tonight! Cool. They sent a message to the "customer center" to have them verify that they have the package and that I can come pick it up. I mentioned that it was 6pm and they close at 7pm. I was told they will call you within the hour and make arrangements to let me pick it up after 7.

7:00 and no call... I call "customer service" again and am told "sorry, let me let you talk to my supervisor. 10 more minutes on hold, Supervisor repeats the info from the log I have on my phone App.... again...

The only solution is to put the package on hold, and I can come get it in person tomorrow. They do not open until 12 noon.... but even then I should not go there until they update the status that it is ready....

Oh no.... I will be ther at 12:05 and be a pain in someones backside until i get my 1876 Wheeler & Wilson Treadle (I have the 4 digit serial number head already (it came USPS before)

Never again.....

end of rant. thanks for listening