View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Dina

I added 1/2 inch to the width of each strip when I made my second Surf Song. I don't recall how much wider I was trying to make it, but I did think part of the overall design was lost. I was still happy with the results though. Let me see if I can find pictures of each, in case that helps.

Okay, the first picture is the Surf Song as her pattern has it....47" x 49"...(This is from the same book you have. It is the wall hanging sized Surf Song. She also has a larger one in this same book. Of course, it was larger than I wanted.) The second picture is larger, 62" x 65". I know I added 1/2 inch to the width of each. I can't really remember if I made each original strip wider. I suspect I did. It called for 1 1/2 inch strips and I think I cut them all 2 inches. Then I cut the width 1/2 inch from what each said on the map. It was confusing, but it was do-able.

If you like the extra borders ideas, those would certainly be easier!! My borders are different than hers....not a big difference, but still different.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001611.jpg   s8001699.jpg