View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by quilter711 View Post
The brother PE770 embroidery only machine was delivered yesterday. I would love to do my first design. I know that you need 90wt in the bobbin. What wt polyester embroidery thread do you use in the top? TIA for any kind of help with this machine!!
Most regular embroidery thread is 40wt. Most machines aren't picky about the brand, it's mostly personal choice. I use Madeira. For small and/or real dense designs I use thinner 60wt thread. Yes, you can use 60wt bobbin thread with no problems. My BFF has the 770 and used to buy the 90wt prewounds but I talked her into buying a cone of bobbin thread(60wt) and she's had zero issues with it.
Everyone has their favorite threads, stabilizers, etc. and their favorite place to get it. When I got my first machine I bought everything I needed right then and there from my dealer, but quickly found much cheaper places online to buy supplies. Now I buy all my supplies from Walmart.com or allstitch.net. Walmart.com has so much more than what the store carries. That's where I buy my Pellon stabilizers, by the bolt when possible. Allstitch for everything else.

Cari

Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 12-23-2014 at 04:28 PM.