View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 04:17 AM
manicmike

Originally Posted by Rach L. View Post
Ahhh, so many nice tips! I really like your step by step instructions, nice and simple for a beginner like me. I can only dream of the day I can actually give help. Thank you! I'll definitely be busy tomorrow when I get home from visiting relatives. I think I got the locating finger thing set right, I'll doubt check the width with some thick thread I have, but I was careful when I set it according to how you said last time. The thread now passes through, but the gap is small. When I work on the tension tomorrow, I'll double check it though. I will let you know how it all goes. Now....off to start (and finish) a lap throw rag quilt that I'm giving as a gift tomorrow. . I better get crackin'.

As for being biased....my husband's name is Mike, so...
We've all been beginners and not long ago either: These machines are so simple it doesn't take long to learn how to fix them. I first looked inside a sewing machine only a few years ago. They're good and solid and will forgive you most times.
If the machine is passing the thread and not noisy you've installed the locating finger perfectly. Well done
These machines are wonderful.
Your husband must be a good man