Old 12-25-2014, 03:26 PM
BevD

Merry Christmas everyone!
Christmas in Australia is very much like anywhere I suppose, tree, presents, carols, family time.
Except it is usually warmer....sometimes a lot warmer!
This year my family went to my in-laws for lunch which consisted of roast and salad. Unfortunately I had to work, but when I got home we had roast chicken, roast lamb, roasted potatoes and pumpkin with cauliflower and broccoli cheese finishing this year with chocolate pudding. YUM! Then we went for a drive around the area to see all of the christmas lights that people have done in their houses/gardens (us included).
On the years it is quite hot we do our roasted meats and potatoes in the weber (bbq with hood) and do a variety of salads. It is often outside as too warm with lots of people indoors and rarely a jacket to be seen haha.
A couple of years ago it was verrry hot so all of our families came to our house for christmas lunch (about 25) as we have a pool and the kids (and adults) had a great time, so good everyone also stayed for dinner! No joke. But it was a fantastic day with everyone together and having a good catchup as some live a fair distance and don't get together as often as we like.
Well I hope everyone has a fantastic New Year and makes time for lots of quilting, I know I will.
Cheers,
Bev