Old 01-02-2015, 04:52 AM
Kassaundra

Originally Posted by Siodach View Post
Hi all,
This is the first time I've done a BH mystery, and I've enjoyed making the units. I've done the 25% size so far, and only my black and yellow are scrappy (2 blues don't really count as scrappy!). Along the way I changed out my original neutral (too yellow) and my original green (too dark). I didn't have any pink in my stash so substituted red.

Looking at the photos, the ones I like the most are those with the palest green in the sashing, which seems to calm the busy-ness immensely. Needless to say MY green is too dark to do that lol.

Sadly, when I laid out Bonnie's arrangement I didn't really like it - I don't know if it was because I had too few blocks to show the pattern properly, or the dark red didn't work, or because I left out the sashing by mistake (which I didn't notice til I pulled up the photo this morning lol).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504442[/ATTACH]

So I spent an hour or so playing around with the layout till I did get some thing to my liking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504445[/ATTACH]

I flipped the diamonds round so the red makes a square along with the broken dishes red sections, and I like the four yellow squares in a line across the diagonal centre. I did try a solid centre as some others have done, but I preferred the 4 yellows together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504444[/ATTACH]

So last night I cut enough extra to make 3 more blocks to square it off, and then I'll need to think about the borders. I'm going to make the inner border out of my red too, since the reddish carpet seems to compliment the layout lol. The 25% of the outer border units only go half way round the now, so I'll have to make more of those.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]504443[/ATTACH]

Luckily, it's chucking it down with rain here today, so maybe I can get on with sewing today.....

Best of wishes to you all for a great 2015,
Cheers, K
Did you see the one on FB w/ the black 1 inch sashing I think it would look good w/ your colors