Old 01-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Patchesnposies

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
we really need our computers now a days. where would we all be??? surely not here. And $64 is cheap for a repair. what is the world coming to that $64 isn't much. but again, it is our computer and we can't fix them ourselves. if we could, we wouldn't be making quilts, we'd be fixing computers. We'd be totally lost without them, and they seem almost important as food nowadays. thank goodness it was a small problem and was able to be fixed.
I expect Monday a lot of pictures to be shown. I sure hope so.
Lynnie, I couldn't agree more. I would be totally lost without my computer and the world it opens up for me! $64 is cheap for a computer fix, for sure.

I guess I am old enough to still be shocked at how much the price of absolutely everything has gone up. Some things are worth the money, like a computer or medicine/healthcare. Other things just do not make sense at all.

I used to be able to estimate within $5 what my cart full of groceries would cost......and now I don't even try. I bring along a calculator! Things are double or triple what I remember them being before I got sick.

I spent the majority of 7 years housebound and my DH did all of the shopping and errands. Now that I have regained so much of my health and I am once again doing the grocery shopping, etc....I come home sometimes shell shocked! lol

It makes me feel old to gripe about the price of things compared to "the good old days". It is still possible to be frugal, it just takes a lot of time and creativity. I have six kids to raise and have gotten pretty good a pinching my pennies!