Thread: Freds stash
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 09:06 AM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
I have made it clear (I hope) that if I die tomorrow, that all of my sewing things go to my Project Linus group here in town........that way, I know that it will all be used and more kids will benefit from it...........my problem is the sewing machines..............what to do with those (I have 10....uh...........) and no one left in my family cares a thing about those............I told my hubby to just put them all on ebay and hope folks will buy them and love them like I do....but I guess what I am trying to say it that we all need to make our wishes known, to our family, about what we would like them to do with our machines and stash...........
I told my kids to take a machine or two, if they wanted one and then have a "fire sale" afterwards and put prices of like $10 on them BUT not to send them to the dump. Those that didn't sell were to be donated to either thrift shops or other organizations. This is only if I have not destashed. It is not because I am gone on a protracted business trip.