Old 01-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Claus

Hello :)

I hope Im not completely lost if I post a question about my Anker RZ here. I have seen it earlier in this thread, and I actually joined the board because of it :)

My name is Claus. I live in Norway, and I love vintage machinery! Over here, German made machines are most common alongside Singer ofcourse, and I am fortunate enough to understand German. Kind of...
Anyway. I bought this fantastic Anker RZ of ebay.de, and it does not come with a bobbin case. I have both the service manual and the user manual, but none of them specifies what kind of bobbin case I need exept stating it is a CB one.
I am not too familiar with sewing machines, but I understand there are a multitude of different CB-bobbin cases now even if it aparently was not in 1953.
I have found one bobbin case called Class 15 that resembles the one I need, but it is for industrial machines?
My Anker might be kind of industrial by todays standards, but since they are so expensive I was hoping for some help on identifying the exact case I need.

I have the illustration from the user manual. If anyone knows, or would like to guess what this bobbin is called (if ordering online in english :) I would be so greatful!

- looks like "Class 15"
- Needle system: 287 "round shank" up to 16/100
- machine made in 1953

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506461[/ATTACH]

And the wonder itself:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506468[/ATTACH]

Notice the extra tension-spool for double-needle "folding" (is it called tacking?) use :)

And at last. I am actually transcribing the German Service manual, and will post text or link later on if anyone has one of these machines still and would like to pick it apart :)

Thank you so much for a fine forum!

Claus :)
Attached Thumbnails spole.jpg   001.jpg