View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Snooze2978

I bought my 1st embroidery machine back in 2000. Got the Viking 1+ but within a couple of days I knew I'd want more so went back and traded it in for the Designer 1 which I still have but use for piecing these days. Back when I used it for everything I bought most all the feet and the extra Megahoop. I love it for piecing as I can adjust the needle where I need it for the scant 1/4", etc. Later I picked up the Babylock Ellegeo but later traded it for the Ellegante which I still use when embroidery. Didn't go all the way with getting the extra feet as I wanted it basically for embroidery. Haven't done much embroidery these days except for quilt labels but have on my "Bucket List" a window design from BFC, even got their thread kit for the project. Now to just hunker down and do it.

I have made a couple embroidered quilts in the past and one table cloth........... embroidered with metallic threads around the flowers on black....designs by Tree Trunk. This was with the Designer 1 years ago.

I did pick up some tape from Nancy's Notion to attach to the hoops to help keep the fabric from slipping. Works like a charm. You put it where to the sections of the hoop meet. Comes on a roll so you can do all your hoops with it. Helps on those large hoops or when you're using thin fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails treetrunk-designs.jpg