Old 01-20-2015, 08:37 PM
moonrise

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
Moonrise, What a cute little kitten. That was no easy task raising him so hats off to you for your good heart. Name?? Oh, and I love your scrappy scraps too.
Thanks! His name has changed several times since we found him, but his "official" name is Lucky Little Biscuit. DH wanted to name him Lucky, because he was lucky I heard him out there crying, but Lucky sounds to me more like a dog's name. The Little Biscuit part came from the tomcat that we THINK is his father. A few months before the kitten was born, there was a stray tomcat roaming the neighborhood. He was a short, but very muscular cat with a head that looked too big for his body. Ever heard of a "cat head biscuit"? Well, we started calling him Biscuit because of his big ol' head. So I had the idea of naming the kitten Little Biscuit after his (probable) dad, who apparently moved on to another area because he disappeared. DH and I compromised on the kitten's name, and it turned into Lucky Little Biscuit.

However ...

I'm notorious when it comes to making up nicknames, and even when he was 2 days old, I nicknamed him Monster. It was supposed to be funny, like calling a dainty little chihuahua a tough-sounding name like Brutus or Spike.

Well, as you can guess, Monster ended up being the name that stuck. The vet thought it was hilarious. He's been quite the celebrity at the vet's office, considering that very few kittens are bottle-fed, and that he's so well-behaved despite his "monstrous" name. Being a kitten, he does have his "monster" moments, though, especially he's in play mode and my other (middle-aged) cats aren't in the mood for his "childish" kitten games! LOL! (They do get along surprisingly well, actually.)