View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 06:21 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
I ended up with a Viking 630. It had stitches I never used, or use, and I love it. It enables my abilities to shine. I still have that machine and use it, but then I had a TBI (brain injury)in a car accident in 2008. One of the lasting deficiencies it left me with is the inability to learn how new things work, but for some reason it left me with all my sewing abilities I had.
So sorry about your accident, but so happy that you can still sew. You will have that into old age.

I have acquired eight vintage/antique machines in just the last 4 months. I only paid for two of them. I like to sew on the "newest" one as soon as I get it. One does not work; it's my play toy. I have to try to see if I can get it to work. If it doesn't, it will be a toy tractor.

One had such strange threading of the needle thread, I couldn't figure it out. Then I got an Eldredge Two Spool, and viola, it had the same threading. My young sewing machine guy, the one who found that machine in his shed, showed my how to thread it, so now I have two more I can use.
I enjoy the Two Spool and the Columbus treadle. Haven't use my Bernina much in the last 4 months.